ALL This FACEBOOK Book Drama ... For What ?

over 8 years ago

ALL THIS FACEBOOK DRAMA FOR WHAT ?

So many times the question of what a person has seen on Facebook comes up in a reading. Firstly do not believe everything that people share on Facebook or any Social Media for that matter. Much of it is ego. I know because I have been guilty of this in the past. Sharing what coffee I had, or the how good my banana split was. Who really cares ?

But on a deeper level it can be the cause of some much pain and misery. Take for the example an ex partner whom you still love or someone you think you love but are not sure how they feel about you. There you go Face Stalking and lo and behold you see photos of him / her smiling with another in there arms. Immediately you go into a panic based on a few photos or Snap Chat copies. When in many cases the reality of such things is usually much more mundane. It could be a brother a sister … god forbid even a friend!

Then the misery and panic builds and you put yourself through all kinds of upsetting emotions thoughts and feelings. Why ? All because of something you read on Facebook or similar. Sure they are times when we will look and see something we don’t want to … something that does tell us that the “other” is linked to someone else. But then should you really be looking in the first place ? I mean is this really the best way for you own spiritual and emotional health ? I will let you answer that last question.

But my own thoughts on this based on personal life experience and the many many readings I have given is simple : Do NOT take at face value anything you see online ever. It is not important! I have said so many times to people and yet still some don’t listen or don’t accept.

I understand the real temptation. Again through personal experience. Been there and done it many times. But not anymore. We lived breathed and built relationships (and broke them) for 1000s of years before we had any kind of social interaction in the way we have now. That has not changed. What has is the way we use this knowledge that is now at our finger tips. Which sometimes is not always for the best. My 10 cents on the big subject of “Well Guess what I saw on his / her profile !!!!” ......

Be Happy

Psychic Dino

over 8 years ago

Please feel free to comment :)

over 8 years ago
jokarte didn't upload a photo

Jo (jokarte)

4 posts

Interesting & great article Mr. Dino

Based on my experience in the past, sometimes it’s like a morbid or painful way to find/gain some closure (such as engagement/wedding photos). Though of course it does not help much at the time, but after digesting the experience, it helps in some ways, maybe not immediately, more like weeks, or months after. Painful maybe, but necessary ice cold splash to the face if you will…

(of course at times it is only a temporary fix and caused unnecessary pain, but there is some buddhist teaching about letting yourself feeling & accepting the pain of such finality instead of rejecting it, to accept and then to let go.. eventually. )

also I suppose we miss them, so we want to see them despite the risks involved ;(

over 8 years ago

Hi Jo you are right … it can seem morbid almost as if forcing pain on ones self especially in the case of an ex partner. Thanks for you insight on this Jo )

over 8 years ago

Thanks for the messages on this glad it is making sense to some people :)

over 8 years ago

Never take at face value what is posted on any social network.

over 8 years ago

Hi Juan that is why it is better not to look as we can see things that wont make us feel any better! Rather focus on healing , self and moving forward!

over 8 years ago

Yes Juan when looking it can cause so much more pain that it is worth. My advise dont look it means nothing at all. What matters is your healing!

over 8 years ago

Also not looking even when we feel a strong compulsion to especially if talking about an ex partner – it will allow you to feel empowered over the situation. Give it enough time the urge will pass.

over 8 years ago

Your welcome Juan just try it for a while …. you may well be surprised by how second nature it comes! Space needed for healing. Although our darker side somehow wants to keep us close to the pain. It can be seen as our last link to one we loved. Sever it immediately block everywhere and focus only on Self!

over 8 years ago

Remember it does not matter what we read or see on social media. It is what happens in real life that is of importance. If in doubt … do NOT look!

over 8 years ago

Do NOT take at face value Anything you see or read on any kind of social media ever

over 8 years ago
seraphim's photo

Seraphim (seraphim)

18 posts

Love the article, Dino. I totally agree with you.

It’s only ego, and sharing holiday pictures etc.

Nobody will post about their worst days, or fights they had with their partner, it’s all fake.

I never understood why people take it so seriously.

I have many clients who are obsessed with FB, it’s unhealthy and not: the real world.

over 8 years ago

Thanks Seraphim and true we rare see the less happy side of a persons life. Think you nail it with the “not understanding why people take it so serious” very true and we should not!

over 8 years ago
amyb didn't upload a photo

amyb

44 posts

It still shows a side to another person that you may not know or where there thoughts are at. I am not saying that it is healthy. At the same time dont you think that people should present themselves at all times on who they are not be a different person. If in a relationship there should be no secrets nor hide anything. You should already know the answer to a question before it is asked. The person should be sharing with you and communicating with you. There should be no doubt !! That is what is healthy !!

over 8 years ago

Hi Amy in the perfect world sure people should present themselves as who they are. But we do not live in a perfect world. And from experience I can say that Facebook is the one place where more people than ever do not present the “real” them.

As for how a person communicates this is totally separate from the FB issue at hand. But yes they should but do not always.

over 8 years ago

Psychic Dino

Thank you soon much with this article I can relate I mean I just have a talk with my boyfriend about liking his women selfie pictures

over 8 years ago

Your welcome Christine and yes I know where you are coming from for sure!