ADDICTED TO YOUR PAST AND THE "DOGS VOMIT" SYNDROME

over 8 years ago

The other day I was speaking to a client whom I have worked with a number of times now. This person shared something quite profound when they were sharing feelings they had about a person that is no longer a part of there life. They equated the feelings to an “Addiction”

Which in many ways is so true and it really got me thinking.

Someone whom we can not have maybe its an ex boyfriend / girlfriend wife or husband seem to be always present in our mind no matter how long it has been since you broke apart. This can be similar to any other addiction. Addicted to them even though they are no longer part of us. Addicted to finding out what they maybe doing or who they are with. And boy oh boy these feeling can be almost over powering in there intensity. As can the desire to satisfy any craving or (Addiction)

Addicted even to the pain and suffering that can come from such thoughts and the feelings they give rise to. And like any addiction it can be a hard pattern to break. Hard that is but not … impossible!

The first step is working out if what you feel and think about the ex is healthy for you or not. In many cases it wont be. And we do things such as ask the same question to a 100 different people hoping they will tell us he/or she is sure to come back. But in many cases the reality is far different.

I see so many people trapped in a viscous and unhealthy place who are so desperate to have any kind of chance at reconciliation that they forget themselves. And spend so much time thinking on that person and that past … time that could be better spent on “self” that is the essence of this addition to that “special person”

In reality they are not special at all. And the harsh truth of the matter is they are just causing us ongoing pain and suffering. Maybe not intentionally but the feelings are the same no matter where they originate from.

You can start to take steps to wean yourself of those addictive and destructive thoughts right now today! One thing that worked for me was using the “Dogs Vomit” analogy. Each time I thought of my past I pictured in my mind a dog returning to chomp on its own vomit. Not a nice image at all. But that dog and that vomit represented what those thoughts really were. Toxic in every way! And each and every time thoughts would come I would immediately switch channels in the brain and think of that dog and his pile of goo.

Bit by bit as I did this every time something started to click inside and I would find myself naturally avoiding “thinking” on the past because I did not want to conjure up images of that rabid beast feasting on his own spew.

And through that the process of detachment and breaking that addiction started to kick in. Of course they are many more things you need to do and doggy and his vomit is not enough on its own. Get active in your own life. Switch those channels each and every time. Get out if you can make new friends, meet new people. Remove the past from its pedestal and replace it with yourself.

In the end be brutal with that past. Refuse to allow it any space and time in your life here and now. And the here and now is all that matters. The past as we know no longer exists. And in the end you will gain liberty, happiness and who knows ever new love better than you had ever imagined possible.

I’m happy to answer any questions and of course if you ever want me to look at your situation from an Empathic Psychic perspective just message me in chat.

Comments on this article are welcome and No I do not have anything against dogs ;) Just my imaginary one that thankfully I no longer need to use.

:) Psychic Dino

=========

Verum Semper Quaerere

over 8 years ago

Comments always welcome )

over 8 years ago

Thank you for the feed back sent to my Bitwine inbox :) Always appreciated!

over 8 years ago

Some of you were asking about this article in the chat so here it is again and thanks for the feed back on this.

Psychic Dino )

over 8 years ago
heavenlyarchangel12's photo

Heavenly Sunshine (heavenlyarchangel12)

805 posts

It’s called Victim Syndrome. :)

over 8 years ago

True Heavenly and something almost all of us have gone through at one time or another. Its how we deal with it that make the world of difference :)

over 8 years ago

Victim Syndrome is a good way to phrase things to some degree and something we or most of us have fallen into at one point or another in our lives. Even though with the right mindset we do not need it to be so!