SOCIAL MEDIA AND THE ADDICTIVE PATTERN OF STALKING AND LURKING

over 8 years ago

Social media such as Facebook Twitter Instagram comes up so often in readings that it has prompted me to write another article on this.

Common questions and / or observations I get asked about in readings when it comes Social Media are :

I saw a photo of him/her with another person what does this mean ?

I have seen a post made by him/her about someone else who is this ?

They seem to spending allot of time on FB chatting – who with ?

They are more questions for sure but the above gives us an idea of the kind of thing that can really capture our attention. Especially when it comes to a person we either love or have deep feelings for.

First off so many assumptions are made when we go “lurking” across the various social media networks. We see an photo of that special person with there arm around someone else and we immediately panic – who are they ? what does it mean ?

The plain fact is most probably not what you think – and the truth is usually much more boring and mundane that the fictions our own minds can create when we are under emotional stress due to either not having an ex back in our life, or someone we desperately want is not with us. There must be a built in mechanism in human beings that draws us to find out as much about that “other” even though many times it just brings misery and confusion. And yet still we do it!

In my readings I hope never to be not understanding when people bring this subject up but will always explain as best I can that what ever is seen on social media is usually not a representation of the reality’s of the situation.

A good example is this : A person the other week came to me in a panic. They had seen a photo on FB of a person who they dearly love but are not with at this time, stood with another man her arm around him. Already my client had decided this must mean something. It has to – she looked so happy in that photo. It all seemed so intimate. This client spent a whole weekend being upset and stressing over what on earth this could mean.

They came into the reading, I listened and I gave my insight (I did not think for a moment this image was important and tried as best I could to convey that to them) but they were having none of it. And in the end left frustrated that I had not confirmed there fears. They spent a further 3 or 4 days in torment. Going back looking at this image, trawling through this persons Facebook (we have all been there and done it!) looking for clues of who this could be. What did it mean. Finally when they could stand it no more they asked the lady in question what on earth was going on!

It turned out this “other” man in the image was this girls brother who had come over to visit his sister. My client came back and confirmed this to me and shared with me that they now can see what a waste of energy and time it had been in fretting over 1 single image. Of course they are deeper issues at work here as to why 1 solitary image can bring forth such powerful and at times debilitating emotions but that’s another matter.

So you see often they are very simple explanations as to what we can see. And remember as human beings it is in our nature to look for patterns in things usually in places where they are none.

You come for a psychic reading often to get not just guidance but also insight. And if you trust your chosen Psychic then trust also you will be well cared for in that if they see something you need to know they will speak up. I know I personally always do and would.

Of course they will be times when in checking FB or other similar account you will see something that can really hurt. But the truth is no matter what you see it wont change the situation for what it currently is. And as much as we feel we need to – we want to – keep looking. I strongly advise against it!

Rather free yourself from getting into what can be very addictive and quite emotionally destructive patterns. What will be in the end will be. And understand that this modern day phenomenon of Social Media is just one way people express themselves and most of it is ego driven. Focus on the person – the situation and things that you know to be fact and part of reality. And not some jazzed up Instagram photo showing Le EX laid on a beach looking like they own the world.

Free your mind and self from such things and then you are clear from within to really deal with what ever the situation is that has got you hooked on the FB/Social media Stalking in the first place!

Break The Pattern And Rely On NOTHING Shared Online as Fact!

=====================

Psychic Dino

http://psychic.bitwine.com/psychics/380466-psychic_dino

— Verum Semper Quaerere

over 8 years ago
readings_with_nicole didn't upload a photo

Nicole Bowman (readings_with_nicole)

116 posts

Social media posts are like a greatest hits album. Most people only try to show the good stuff. There is always another side to the story and sometimes, it’s pretty boring.

Thanks for the article Dino! Good One!

over 8 years ago

Thank you :-)

over 8 years ago

And yes I do agree Social media can be akin to our own “greatest hits album” ;-)

over 8 years ago
mysticmelly's photo

❤ MYSTICAL ME ❤ (mysticmelly)

85 posts

Great article. I know we’ve all done this once or twice in our lifetime and I feel Facebook is such a great tool for so many things but a person can really get out of hand when they’re not willing to feel the emotions and actually dig down deep into it.

over 8 years ago

Thank you Melissa and I agree it can get out of hand and be taken as such a statement of truth!

over 8 years ago

Awesome article. Thanks a lot buddy.

over 8 years ago

Glad you enjoyed it James thank you )

over 8 years ago
raani's photo

Maharaani (raani)

150 posts

Great article!

over 8 years ago

Thank you Raani )