EXPECTATIONS IN LOVE & RELATIONSHIPS

over 8 years ago

I often get asked the question “When Will I Meet The One” ..... or “When Will I Be In A Relationship” Yep you guessed it – it is a very common question. So many of us wanting to meet “the right one” that person whom we will feel “will be the one” And yes sure its a really nice idea – in principle that their is just 1 person out their in the world that is the one – our “Soul Mate” – our “Twin Flame” (2 Phrases by the way which none of my clients that I read for will ever hear me use! ) but more on that in a moment. Going back to that thought process that we have 1 person only whom we are some how destined to meet straight of puts us at high risk of disappointment.They are something like 7.4 Billion of us on this planet.

And If you take the point of view that only 1 or lets say for arguments sake 10 of those people are our true “soul mates” (that phrase again!) then you have more chance of winning a national lottery with the same numbers 2 weeks in a row than you do of actually meeting the “soul mate”. Quite a sobering perspective is it not it when its put in that way. And sure I know they will be some who do not agree with me. And that’s fine.

But you see with taking such a view our risk of disappointment and feeling we will never truly meet the one person whom we feel deeply connected to is really high! And with that when our expectations in “Love” are so rigid that how could a person possibly ever hope to meet the right one. In truth they are 1000s of “right ones” and not just one person. They can be 1000s of “potential” partners that we can build strong deep connections with. And its at this point I go back to those 2 much often over used phrases – “Soul Mates/ Twin Flames” very much in my book a modern invention.

The problem with such statements is they are the wrong way around. Example : We look to meet that soul mate thinking that the connection has someone already been formed with someone we have yet to meet. This is not the case. It works the other way round. We meet someone , whom we know nothing of , and sure in those first few moments of meeting them we can feel a really strong connection. But to give it those titles of “Soul Mates/Twins” you have to understand that such things grow – organically as 2 people get to know each other. So sure in the end when your in a committed secure and loving relationship then you can use what ever titles you want including “he or she is my soul mate” – and it is such because your connection was right – you fit with that person so naturally will then feel as if it such.

What I’m trying to convey is don’t get stuck on those over used phrases and perceptions when it comes to relationships. Its a big world out their with many people who will think, act, and live a life that is close to what we feel we need. You just have to find them. Many people get strung out feeling ARRRGGGHHH he/she was my soul mate and it has not worked out!! And then so many questions and internal conflicts arise along with the understandable pain that comes when something with someone you do love did not work out.

And you could spend the rest your life trying to work out why rather than seeing it for what it is. That some people simply do not fit. Imagine joining a club where all you do all day long is play basket ball but you actually hate basket ball. It does not mean their is anything wrong with the club it just means it does not fit with what you like or enjoy. The same goes for relationships, its not about right or wrong … but rather something that does or does not fit. Understanding this concept can help make sense of why things at times happen which cause us pain.

So in the end do not box your self in with thoughts of pre-determination based on what you think the perfect relationship is for you. Truth is nothing is perfect – rather we just have to try work towards finding balance and harmony. And this goes for almost every aspect of our lives. In relationship don’t build your expectations or what you think should happen, or even what you think you deserve but rather accept that each person and situation is unique … each person has their own way of thinking and doing things … and keep your mind and heart open to the incredible opportunity’s that are all around you when you have the right clear mindset. In starting with no expectations at all and just allowing yourself to go with the flow can, I assure you bring you results that may well surprise and enhance your life.

Don’t fear change – don’t fear having to let go – and don’t think just because you thought they were “the one” that their is not another waiting to cross your path.

============

NEVER ALLOW THE PAST TO CONTROL THE PRESENT!

Psychic Dino :-)

============

over 8 years ago

And this is why you are amazing xx

over 8 years ago

Thank you Alicia :-) x

over 8 years ago

Thank u all for your feed back and comments you sent me on this article. Really appreciated :-)

Dino