Healing Our Lives... Part 2 (Self Love)

over 10 years ago
mirror_of_infinity didn't upload a photo

Ashley Nicole Martin (mirror_of_infinity)

100 posts

Once you began to embark on the journey of healing yourself, you start to also realize the importance of self love. In truth there can be no healing with out some level of self love. The more you begin to love yourself, the more you will begin to heal.

Let’s explain a little about what healing is. Healing is bringing yourself to a state of complete balance and having complete joy, peace, and love of life. As well as a sense of oneness with all that is!!! You begin to embark on a journey of self, and no one can do it but you. There is no doctor, or healer out there that can heal you, except you. You can consider the healer, to be a tool, a channel if you will, of guidance. In some cases a push in the right direction. It is always up to you to be the one to actually heal. You have to be willing to let go of anything trying to block you or keep you down.

Self love is the main ingredient in the soup of health and wellness. If you want to heal, you have to love. Loving yourself starts with acceptance of self, and all those little “annoyances”. Learn to take those things you don’t like about yourself, and turn them around to something positive. Like with myself, I tend to like to talk a lot. Sometimes I feel like the person I am talking to is thinking “Man, does she ever shut up!!!”. LOL!!! I really can’t be so hard on myself though. You know, I just feel so strongly about things, and when I get going, I really get going.

I can take this negative thought about myself, and “TURN IT AROUND” to something positive. Like, it’s not that I just ramble on and on, it’s that I love to express my creative thoughts on life!!! Also, most of the time, it is only me thinking I am talking to much. As well as my insecurities of thinking is this person really caring about what I am talking about. So you see, we are all in this together, and we are all learning to heal our selves. Even the ones in the public view are no different than you and I. They to are going through some major changes and healing.

I know there is a lot of little things that we are all so hard on ourselves about, we just have to stop. Stop being so hard on yourself!!! Learning self love isn’t easy, especially when you have had your whole life and many eons of lives being told how horrible and not worthy you are. We all have these deep seeded programs inside our psyche, and it is going to take some time to rewire these things.

It is a work in progress, but when we finally get to our destination we will all feel so much better. Just think, to be looking back at how far we all came to get to that point of wholeness. This idea is one thing that keeps me going. Just knowing that one day all my effort will be rewarded with so much joy and feelings of love for all including myself.

For now just keep up the hard work, you are doing a great job!!! I want to send you thoughts of so much love, peace, and joy on your journey. Also, hopes that everything will start getting smoother and easier, as we all learn to just ride the waves of life. Till next time!!!

(Check back for part 3)...