Giving Thanks

over 10 years ago

This time of year can be so hectic, with all the rushing around and trying to get things done, the turkey to be bought, the “Black Friday” specials to be snagged up, the pies to be cooked, the company coming. It can feel like you are set on Go and someone forgot to install the “off” button. It can also become overwhelming and for some this time of year is very melancholy and for others it is actually sad because they have “no one” to celebrate these happy times with or for other reasons, perhaps they lost a loved one and the holidays just seem to emphasize the sadness.

Even those of us that are gifted or do readings for others suffer from this rush, rush, rush mentality that seems to come now. I have found for myself that I have to actively slow myself down, take a breath for a second. All of us, even those that are sad this time of year, we have lovely blessings in our lives, perhaps its the soft furry pet that you have that loves you with no restrictions or maybe its your children or your partner, perhaps you are thankful for having a job or for living in a place where you can express yourself freely or maybe it is as simple as just being thankful for being alive … we all have those moments, those things that we are thankful for… we just need to slow down…. and smell the roses (or the turkey and dressing).

So…during this rush, rush time of year, my message to you from Spirit is this…..slow down….take a second and look at the things you are thankful for, take a moment to smile at a stranger…or maybe even wish them well….who knows….maybe your smile, your words will change that persons day and give them something to be thankful for. May Spirit bless you, bring you abundance and peace and have a lovely and wonderful Holiday Season!