The Full Moon in Aquarius: The High Tide of the Mercury Retrograde

over 5 years ago
dravengrey's photo

Draven Grey (dravengrey)

63 posts

July 26th at 5:41 AM EST through July 29th, 2018 at 6:28 PM EST

Whatever the Sun’s sign might be, it is always the case that the new moon in that month will match the Sun sign, whereas the full moon will match the opposite sign. As the Sun is in Leo, the Full Moon of July will be in Aquarius, which is able to create strife, when it comes to a lack of fortitude and direction, especially for individuals born with their natal moon in Aquarius. This can create feelings of “futility,” where it feels like the world is crashing down around you, with little to no hope of things ever being able to improve. This energy is especially prevalent in individuals that have their Sun sign in Aquarius, especially because of the double edged turbulence of the analytical mind fighting tooth and nail with the (often incorrect) intuitive stance that gives this position of failure, defeat, and strife. This hopelessness seems to wane throughout the year, providing a more hopeful endeavor throughout Leo, but with Mercury being in retrograde, I would certainly advise Aquarian Moon members to be cautious.

The seven of swords, in most tarot decks, show the nature of betrayal, deceit, but most importantly a secretive disposition, that enables the person represented in the reading. In the “Book of Thoth” written by Aleister Crowley, this card is shown as “futility,” as the single word that is printed on the plate of the card. The top of the card shows a crescent moon, with the bottom of the card displaying the sign of Aquarius. As a reader, it took me a long time to fully understand this card, until being around individuals that had their Moon in Aquarius. I noticed that most months, when it comes time for the Moon to roll around into Aquarius, these individuals didn’t want to get out of bed, and if they did, were mad, cranky, upset, sad, and bewildered by the sheer absurdity of life itself, feeling that things were never going to get better, that no matter what they did, no matter the situation, things were going to be challenging. This would come in waves, I noticed, where during parts of the day, things might be fine, but then later in the day, as things got to be more challenging, the moods and tempers would flare (especially in the two individuals that I know that have both the Moon and Sun in Aquarius).

I soon began to realize that the nature of “futility” that Crowley referred to with this card was the measure of the feelings that this Moon sign was able to possess, but by virtue of using carefully placed maneuvers to understand the position that would be able to create an out for themselves, this feeling of futility would be vanquished. This card is not a set stance, but rather shows the actions that one would be able to utilize, to help them to create a stronger position of openness to overcome the challenges that they were hindered by. Some people might refer to this card to someone attributed to thievery or stealing, but with the nature of the Moon in Aquarius, this is such that the analytical side of Aquarius, jaded by virtue of the Moon, is able to take a stance of not possessing the more analytical feature that would otherwise ring true with a Sun in Aquarius, which is typically a position of brilliance, and a reasonable standing of openness to logically understanding the ways of the world, often seeing the unjust nature of the world, doing what they feel can be done to right the wrongs they see. But with the Moon in Aquarius, the coin is flipped, thus providing a stance of feelings that are unjust being applied directly to themselves, feeling helpless to overcome this stance.

The energy that a person with the Moon in Aquarius is able to feel is typically much more hopeful throughout the summer months, until October, when the energy finds itself being more challenging, but because of the Mercury Retrograde in the opposite sign of Leo, this is something that is able to create indifference, indecision, and a lack of fortitude, things that can tend to upset balance, especially if you are someone who has the Sun in Aquarius.

The Moon will enter into Aquarius on July 26th at 5:41 AM EST and will remain until the Moon finally enters into creative Pisces at 6:28 PM EST on July 29th, 2018.

If there is anything that I can do to help to assist with these energies or to shed more light on the challenges that can be faced during this time, do feel free to let me know.