Can someone explain Karma please?

over 9 years ago
piscesj didn't upload a photo

Pisces (piscesj)

59 posts

Hi wondering if anyone can explain generally the rules of karma and how it works, especially in regards of what you or others do whether good or bad – how does that pan out? I was a target of someone vicious and now getting over it all and starting to move forward in myself but just trying to understand how karma works so I can get a grip on what is happening in my life and how to look at my choices now. Thanks ;-)

over 9 years ago
icks13 didn't upload a photo

Atropos (icks13)

64 posts

The Karmic Principle states that the actions of body, speech and mind are both a cause and consequence of other actions. In essence there is no “case” or event but every event is interconnected within a network of chains of cause/effect. If the actions produce negative actions or if the Dharma also known as “Universal Law” is negative influenced, then the result will be a negative Karma. Conversely, if you do good, the Karma will be positive, if you do bad the Karma will be negative.

Karma start when you start your existance in the material world or inside the Samsāra (cycle of life/death) so basically what you receive today is affected by what you did in the past, and what will happen to you in the future (not just this future but even that one in the next life) will be affected by what you do today.

In Western key not mystical religious or esoteric, Karma is explained by Newton’s third law of motion, which says that for every action (physically) there is a equal and opposite reaction. Although part of the action that affect the Karma, there are also thoughts. Another Western equivalent of Karma is the law of three who finds within the precepts of Wicca. In the end the concept is enclosed in different cultures.

over 9 years ago
msdelight didn't upload a photo

MsDelight (msdelight)

124 posts

p.s. Pisces I know how you feel I am going through the same I was the target of someone vicious too. None of my so called friends will tell me what this person did to turn them against me. I know some thing is wrong I am not stupid. I know this person did some thing pretty mean to make me look bad. I have chosen to forgive them even if they still think I did it. Lifes to short to hold stupid grudges. I believe in what goes around come’s around and this person that did the mean thing will get their karma. What they did to me will come back at them and bite them on the arse some day. Nibirian explained karma beautifully. I hope things get better for you soon. What the mean person did to you will come back at them one day too and bite them on the arse big time. Mark my words. I know its hard to get over I almost tried to take my life and nearly succeeded. The police found me. Now I am stable and wouldn’t give the person that did the mean thing the satisfaction of doing away with my self. I have a terrific support network of people to help me and it is important that you surround your self with a good support network too it will help you through even more. You sound like you are doing well keep it up. All the best to you.

Love and light Msdelight

over 9 years ago

Pisces (piscesj)

59 posts

Thanks Nibirian you explained it well which is where I understand what my actions and feelings created for me but at least I now understand how I could do things differently even though I was right in what my convictions were I did let my anger and hurt lead me which is where I suffered. And Msdelight…I can give you a bit of hope I am starting to see things change as people are more interested in my side of the story even though they are trying deceitful ways to lure it out of me that’s because I believe the company has asked them and people are starting to see about these people who did harm to me and I think karma starting to pay a visit to them…so thanks for your advice as well and hopefully this can give you hope and resolution….I think I learnt that I don’t really forgive them but get what my lessons are but not angry anymore and starting to let go but changed what I was praying for and that was not for her to be exposed anymore and the truth but strength and direction and begged that my feelings were validated in this as really need that this time to move forward completely. And trying in small steps to fix things wrong with me but not so upset with myself now if don’t get as much as I want to achieve as still blocked a little with in action but some action is happening and more as time goes by…I know i’ll get my validation and that will release me completely although I know I will eventually get over it all whether validated or not. So there is hope it was a test of faith for me definately. God Bless to you both and thanks for explaining karma to me…now I might be able to respect it more. ;-)

over 9 years ago

Pisces (piscesj)

59 posts

Thanks Nibirian you explained it well which is where I understand what my actions and feelings created for me but at least I now understand how I could do things differently even though I was right in what my convictions were I did let my anger and hurt lead me which is where I suffered. And Msdelight…I can give you a bit of hope I am starting to see things change as people are more interested in my side of the story even though they are trying deceitful ways to lure it out of me that’s because I believe the company has asked them and people are starting to see about these people who did harm to me and I think karma starting to pay a visit to them…so thanks for your advice as well and hopefully this can give you hope and resolution….I think I learnt that I don’t really forgive them but get what my lessons are but not angry anymore and starting to let go but changed what I was praying for and that was not for her to be exposed anymore and the truth but strength and direction and begged that my feelings were validated in this as really need that this time to move forward completely. And trying in small steps to fix things wrong with me but not so upset with myself now if don’t get as much as I want to achieve as still blocked a little with in action but some action is happening and more as time goes by…I know i’ll get my validation and that will release me completely although I know I will eventually get over it all whether validated or not. So there is hope it was a test of faith for me definately. God Bless to you both and thanks for explaining karma to me…now I might be able to respect it more. ;-)

over 9 years ago
icks13 didn't upload a photo

Atropos (icks13)

64 posts

No problem Pisces, just remember that what bad happens to you today, is not necessarily connected with what you do today. “strike and counterstrike” are not instantaneous, so if you receive something bad today is because probably in your past lives you did something bad to someone and now you have to go through the same feelings to understand.

over 9 years ago

MsDelight (msdelight)

124 posts

Thanks Pisces yes what you said has given me hope not resolution as yet. I Have been waiting many years for the truth to come out and some sort of resolution. I have been patient. I still live in hope of a resolution one day hopefully soon. I don’t live for it though. I have gotten on with my life and enjoy my independence and doing what I do on the internet and my off internet activities. May be I will get a pleasant surprise one day who knows. I will keep you posted if I do happen to get a resolution with my problem stated above one day. All the best to you and thank you again for the hope.

Love and Light Msdelight

over 9 years ago
heavenlyarchangel12's photo

Heavenly Sunshine (heavenlyarchangel12)

805 posts

The one thing about karma I’ve learned is get of the wheel of karma, be mindful send them love and forgiveness and let it go.

My friend was just shot and killed because of violence. I don’t stand for abuse nor violence. Instead of focusing on injustice, I do a disservice to humanity by acting in away of violence or any kind of abuse.

Yes people have done harm to me, and even have another friend missing since 2001. Sometimes justice is served in the physical. Sometimes in the spiritual.

I’m less harmful to myself and the world by being the change that is needed in our society. Karma is cause and effect or our thoughts, actions, and words. We can’t do anything about what someone else does. Only what we do. If we are harmful towards others we usually get harmed. If we are harmless, we receive the same. It’s very simple.

over 9 years ago

MsDelight (msdelight)

124 posts

Lavender I am so sorry to hear about your friend being shot and killed and your friend that has been missing since 2001. So very tragic. All my love and light and healing to you. Talking about letting it ago here is what I believe below.

Let it go.

Whatever someone has done to you is going to be attracted right back to them at some point. You are not involved in this process. Its simple law of attraction. Stop carrying it around and let the universe take care of it – good, bad or indifferent. Their stuff. Their lesson.

Love and Light Msdelight