Trust or Not

over 9 years ago

I have a friend, C , who wants me to believe him when he says he never slept with my sister D. The problem is many years ago maybe 13-14 yrs ago she told me they had been sleeping together. Then fast forward couple years ago maybe 3 yrs or so she changed her story. So when me and my friend reconnected 3 yrs ago, as we’ve known each other our whole lives. I asked him about it in an all knowingly but fun jokingly way and he has denied knowing her at all. That through me for a loop because I had already accepted for years that they had.Him denying her just brought about extreme confusion. So it’s been an argument that comes up every now and again because someone is lying. Either back in the past or now but you have to agree there’s a lie somewhere. He wants so badly for me to stop saying he did it. He denies it to the point he now gets angry if I bring it up. The thing is he just wants to hear I believe him. I know so badly that’s all he wants. The thing is my stubborn side, the untrusting side of me won’t let me believe him. I picture them together all of the time. Not sure what to do.

over 9 years ago
estherlibra didn't upload a photo

EstherLibra (estherlibra)

1569 posts

Dear Shanise,

I am going to answer you from a counselling point of view and not read cards as this board is not for free readings.

Firstly “Friend”??? Or in truth are you wanting more from this person.

If you cannot trust that person then you cannot have a romantic relationship.

If this is just a friendship then let it go because it really does not matter.

I feel the problem here is that you want more from this individual.

Up to you.

All the best ESTHER

over 9 years ago
psychickimberlyann's photo

Kimberly Ann (psychickimberlyann)

37 posts

I agree 100% with Esther Libra ^

but if you would like a reading feel free to contact me :)

over 9 years ago
heavenlyarchangel12's photo

Heavenly Sunshine (heavenlyarchangel12)

805 posts

Think the key here is your stating 14 years ago this happen. The past is irrelevant at this point. The actions in the time you’ve been with him the last year or so, was he faithful? The reason he gets angry is because if you’re stating this was 13-14 years ago, that’s a long time ago. If his actions and fruit are different than 13 or 14 years ago, there is only one thing here, you’re holding on to something and not letting it go that is causing you pain and suffering by focusing on 13-14 years ago. The person you’re with isn’t even the same person as he was back at that point in time. It’s kind of like an opening old wound, or picking at a scab over and over again and never allowing either one of you to heal and move on. I can understand if he were unfaithful in the last few years. I would try to figure out why you’re holding on to this, and heal that part of you, and focus on having a better present and future experience.

If you’re having trust issues, you need to have faith and trust in yourself and him. Trust begins with how you perceive things. Again look at the actions and fruit presently and let go of the past.