At botulism risk?

over 11 years ago

I have a very unusual request. I am 33 weeks pregnant and I was loading my dishwasher this afternoon. I noticed a mason jar with a little bit of tomato sauce left on the bottom and decided to open it to place it in the dishwasher. I think it’s been sitting on the counter for over a week. I opened it and immediately, you could see the cloud of gas escaping the jar and I held my breath for a bit. I was startled. I proceeded to rinse it and put it in the dishwasher anyway. It smelled a little bit like alcohol. I got worried about the situation and looked it up and turned out I might have inhaled botulism toxins and the result is often death. Now, I’m paranoid since they say that inhalation is the same was food-borne botulism. I have called the hospital and they said it’s a slow and it’s most likely i should be fine. The signs don’t kick in until 12 hours – 10 days. It has been 8 hours so far and I’m panicking and driving my husband bat crazy by all of my “waiting each day to see if the symptoms kick in”.

I was wondering if there are any psychics that can read or channel to see if it’s something I should worry about or not and if I will be okay. A peace of mind would do wonders because I find myself crying often.

Thank you so much.

over 11 years ago
friendly_tarot's photo

Tarot readings with Aisha (friendly_tarot)

91 posts

OK, I’m not a medical professional, but I do know a bit about food preservation, brewing, fermented and all of that lovely food science.

First, relax, the last thing you need to do is put yourself under any more stress. Okay deep breath!

This is the important bit, you smelled alcohol. In my experience, botulism is out competed by yeast, the organism that produces alcohol. Gas is also the byproduct of alcohol production. Specifically CO2. You should also know that botulism doesn’t like oxygen and there was only a little sauce left in the jar.

Still keep an eye out for symptoms, but you’re most likely fine.

—Aisha

over 11 years ago
mizjessica didn't upload a photo

Psychic Jessica (mizjessica)

1571 posts

Hello Alycia, I get forgiveness in someone from the past. Its like you are looking for balance or even justice. But there is something that is going to allow you have the power to know something you been wanting to hear. They want you to accept help by a friend. If you want more insight on this. Please let me know. I will be running my labor day deal just for the middle of Sept. $20 dollars for a short reading.